Tuesday, June 8, 2010

family

I might be joking myself but I want my relationship with Andy to be a serious one. If I just wanted a fling, I wouldn't have tried so hard to be with him. Andy is Caucasian and I am Hmong. We are from two different worlds with different backgrounds who share the same interest for each other. I have met his mother, Kathy, who is the dearest person I have ever known and his sister, Betsy, who I would like to get to know more. I have yet to meet his father and I am afraid but I still want to meet him and I am willing to give him a chance.

Andy on the other hand just feels uncomfortable meeting my family. Of the 2 years that we have known each other, he hasn't met my family once - not even my friends! It just makes me sad that he thinks that they won't like him; he hasn't even given them a chance yet. My family knows about Andy and me. They approve of it and they never stopped me from talking or hanging out with him. All they care about is my happiness and that I still do well in college. That's it. I'm not going to force him to meet my family when he isn't ready to but I just wanted my family to know him and vice versa. Like I said, I want my relationship with Andy to be serious and it involves my family and friends too because they mean a great deal to me.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just letting this get to me too much or perhaps I'm on my period and my emotions are just running wild. I just really wish that he wouldn't be so afraid or uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment